Veldman was a key figure in the Dutch home-taping scene, an international DIY network which flourished in the late ’70s and ’80s. He and his wife Nicole ran Exart, a tape label which served as an outlet for their own projects, such as Y Create and Gorgonzola Legs, and other visionaries like Enno Velthuys.
Despite the low-key nature of Exart releases, Veldman would often cull choice segments from hours and hours of home recordings. The tracks on the forthcoming collection, Eigen Boezem, range from avant-pop to minimalist synth funk, and draw from throughout his catalogue.
Revisit our Label Of The Month feature on STROOM.
Listen to several tracks off Eigen Boezem.
01. Hessel Veldman – Tale
02. Y Create – The Blue Intro
03. Y Create – He Said
04. Y Create – Got Nothing To Do
05. Hessel Veldman – B^te
06. Forbidden Photographs – The Tattooed Fetus
07. Y Create – Je Ne Pas Le Pain
08. Y Create – Broken Chairs
09. Y Create – Everyone Has Left Us Tonight
10. Y Create – …….And More
11. Y Create – Walkin’
12. Y Create – Let’s Go
13. Hessel Veldman – Truth Will Be Cold
14. Hessel Veldman – In Biberach
STROOM will release Eigen Boezem May 22nd, 2020.