The mix is composed entirely of tracks from the UK duo, most of them exclusive to this release. (There’s also a collaboration with New Zealand producer Ebb and remixes of Terror Danjah, Otik and DJ Sinclair.) The duo call it “an exploration of just how much could be possible at 130 BPM, from weightless to dense dubby halfsteppers, via percussive rollers, driving Jersey club kicks [and] jump-up bangers.”
The release is meant as a sort of digital tape pack, and the title is a tribute to the now-completed FABRICLIVE mix CD series, as well as the Rollage series of EPs released by the duo over the last few years.
This year also marks Blackdown’s label Keysound‘s 15th anniversary. The label has started uploading its releases to Bandcamp, including the first-ever digital release of Wen’s vinyl-only edit of Dizzee Rascal’s “Strings Hoe.”
Check out our Label Of The Month feature on Keysound here.
Listen to a clip and an exclusive track from the mix.
01. Blackdown – The Hunger
02. Blackdown – Keysound Sessions Anthem (Feverish Weightless Mix)
03. Blackdown – Implode
04. Blackdown – Irradiated Reality
05. Dusk + Blackdown – Parallels (Dub)
06. Blackdown – Keysound Sessions Anthem (Original Mix)
07. Dusk, Ebb + Blackdown – Fight Back
08. Dusk + Blackdown – WDYM?! (Blackdown’s Rollage VIP)
09. Blackdown – The Cycle
10. Blackdown – Win It
11. Dusk + Blackdown – Flex
12. Blackdown – Anyone Test
13. Dusk + Blackdown – Hype
14. Dusk + Blackdown – Peng One Two VIP
15. DJ Sinclair – Ricky (Blackdown Remix)
16. Otik – Top Ten (Blackdown Refix)
17. Blackdown – The Information
18. Terror Danjah – Juicy Patty feat. Jamakabi (Blackdown’s Big Size 24 VIP)
19. Blackdown – WDYM?! (Nutty Mix)
20. Blackdown – Headback Liftoff
21. Blackdown – This Journey
Keysound will release Rollagelive Vol 1: NIghtfall on April 17th, 2020.